Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:20pm

Balance: £4.15
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Time to say goodbye ......gutted »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Time to say goodbye ......gutted
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Time to say goodbye ......gutted  (Read 1382 times)
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

Time to say goodbye ......gutted
« on: May 20th, 2016, 9:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well after 4 scorpios its now time to say goodbye , unfortunatly my pride and joy was written off after a fella from sri lanka forgot what side off the road to drive on and hit me pretty much head on ...... I knew straight away it was the end for my beloved car . He admitted responabilty , although he couldnt really deny it anyway . To say im gutted is a understatment, ive had this scorpio for four and a half years . It never broke down or let me down once , not once , only thing i had to have done in that time was a oil rad cooler ( think thats what it was called) which was a 30 quid fix .....best 670 quid ive ever spent ..so farewell S617 BAR , you were a pleasure to own . Ive been looking for another scorpio but theyre getting fewer and fewer so im going to bite the bulliit and try something else . Id like to thank everyone on here for the help over the years . With a special shout out to gozz , the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet , so again thanks everyone and those with scorpios left ,look after them . Great cars .
Be lucky
Rich
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Time to say goodbye ......gutted
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2016, 6:20am »

Rich, that is so sad! What a shame. Good luck with whatever you acquire and don't be a stranger here. Cry
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Nunnspoet

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2016, 7:23am »

Rich, I am so sorry to read about your Scorpio's really really bad end.  Gut wrenching. These cars are something special - they sort of grow on you.  Cry

Keep your eye out, you never know, there may just be a Scorpio just for you.

Mike
IP Logged
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2016, 9:38pm »

I dont think ive ever been so upset about losing a car . Admittedly it was starting to show its age . But flew through every MOT . Never had 1 advisory in all that time , i know what im going to miss most tho ......the comfort , apart from a range rover i had , ive yet to own a car as comfortable . I will keep an eye out for another one but i just dont think i'll be as lucky to get a reliable a scorpio as this one , when i bought the car it had 67k on the clock when the plonker drove into me it was on 124k , in all that time not a single call to the Rac , in fact i think they should have paid me to be a member !!!  But hey ho . Another problem with being a scorpio fan is looking at other cars , because they were so unique its hard to get excited about anything else . Going to look at a saab estate tomorrow , but if im honest ,not with to much excitement .......any thoughts on saabs , good or bad Huh
IP Logged
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 23rd, 2016, 6:59pm »

I totally understand your mood. I had to separate from my Scorp already three years ago. I replaced it with a Jaguar S-type, where you smell the Ford odour on every detail. However, everytime I sit down on the leather seat I miss the Scorpio. I had definitely less problems caused by my weight and size.  Sad  And the S-type requires a remarkably bigger purse.

Regards
Armin

IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 25th, 2016, 10:27am »

Sad business Rich.   There are still a few Scorps around, possibly not as good as yours but everyone has an opinion about theirs being the best.   Mine is coming up for MOT in about 8 weeks, and before then I've got a new fuel-tank to fit, and full brakes all-round.   I've got a few cars, couple of Jaguars, couple of Bikes, but I keep turning to the Scorpio for comfort and reliability.   Every time I go for an MOT with mine I wonder whether it's the last one, but I still keep pouring money into it!   It'll come to an time when I get fed-up of putting money into it and it'll have to go.   I got mine with about 70k on the clock it now has 127k, it's never let me down, been to Malta and back fully-loaded, never had an advisory, and just has a couple of wee rust bits, namely the trailing edges of the front doors and leading edges of the rear doors which I mess around with every year.   I'm using it less now, preferring the Jaguars, and each time I get a 13 month ticket on it I think.............."Time to sell".   Then I count up the money I've spent on it, and how reliable it is, and how comfy it is, and how the wife prefers it to the Jaguars.............."just another year", I say! Grin
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 4th, 2016, 1:37pm »

Well over a month now with saab 9.5t estate .......nice enough car had a couple of issues with it . Fuse keeps blowing for rear lights . Which then locks it in park . Slight oil leak , car itself is nice to drive (very very quick) .............but boy oh boy do i miss my scorpio big time . So much so that ive decided if i see one for sale im having it . So if anyone on here knows of one for sale anything please let me know .  
Thanks  
Rich
IP Logged
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 4th, 2016, 1:38pm »

*for sale anytime* that should have read .....
IP Logged
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 4th, 2016, 2:05pm »

Couple on ebay at mo.
IP Logged
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 2nd, 2016, 5:33pm »

Well the saab phase is over already . Poxy car , had nothing but trouble with it , one thing after the other, final straw was it kept cutting out for no reason and always in the most awkward places , junctions, roundabouts etc etc . So i have given up and gone back to a ford , a mondeo . 2.5 v6 ghia x nearest ive had to my scorpio , leather interior . Heated seats . All the the bells and whistles for the time , its a 02 plate . First thing ive noticed is the fuel consumption, the sabb drank it like water . This is much much better .and its more comfy
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 3rd, 2016, 8:33am »

I have to agree with all that has been said. I still have longings for my Scorpio although its 10years since it went. but I  also still have ideas of getting another one, but in all honesty I don't think I ever will.
It was and still is the most comfortable car I have ever driven and I had a few both privately and professionally. Pity NO ONE and I mean no one makes a car anything like it these days. Oh those comfy leather seats.
You will never be the same again.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 6th, 2016, 8:27pm »

Quick update on the mondeo , fuel economy is great , 235 miles on less than half a tank , after the saab im well pleased with that , so far so very good (apart from the stereo problem) . Knew i should have stuck with a ford from the start
IP Logged
rich1

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 3:27pm »

Hi guys hows things ??  
Quick update . Still no scorpio .but no mondeo either i now have( please dont hate me ) a vauxhall insignia . There ive said it !!! ,and yes ive got to say i love it. Comfy ,not scorpio comfy but not bad at all and the mpg is incredible ,almost 60to the gallon on a motorway run . Does what i need it to do . Still looking at getting a scorpio as a weekend car tho , so keeping my eyes peeled ,but boy are they rarer than hens teeth now .  
So hope all ok  
Happy new year  
Rich
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 6th, 2018, 10:48pm »

Hey Rich.    Good to see you're still around.    If you still fancy a Scorpio, I might be able to help with my 2.3.  I've got too many cars my wife says.   I'm about to move into Mercedes CLK territory,  so if you're slightly interested, let me know.   You know my cars history, and it would come with all the spares.   I'm North Scotland, but if you're interested, I'd drive it to you easily, no-matter how far you are!  It now has rusty rear wheel arches, (but I have new ones spare) and a 'rumbly' off-side front wishbone, which I'll be fitting soon, or would be supplied.   Look it up on MOT check, and the advisories are because it's protected and the new rules don't allow the tester to do any scraping.   S169 MOV   If you're not interested, that's ok.   I'll keep it and do the work in a while.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.