Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 2:50am

Balance: £24.15
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New Member/Owner Saying Hello »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   New Member/Owner Saying Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Member/Owner Saying Hello  (Read 736 times)
Hoople

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

New Member/Owner Saying Hello
« on: Nov 21st, 2016, 11:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All

I very new to this and so hope I'm doing this the right way.

I've very recently bought A January 1998 2.3 Ultima on the spur of the moment!  I've always liked the Scorpio but have not thought about owning one until I saw...the one I now own!

The car's done MOT-verified circa 66k and is in lovely condition.  Originally owned by a Ford executive, it then went to its next owner for 17 years,  then to a dealer as a part exchange, then to a Scorpio enthusiast and then to me.  I've managed to speak with the longest owner and so have a large chunk of the car's history.

As a matter of course I've had the fluids changed and the front brake discs and pads too.  Alas, unbalanced prop shaft is going to cost me more dosh but the car should then be sorted.  Some rust in sunroof but not too bad, and probably treatable.

That's me for now.  Would be good to hear from some of you and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about the car.

Cheers
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: New Member/Owner Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2016, 11:39pm »

Welcome to this group Hoople.  The scorpio is a fantastic car that was well ahead of it's time. I hope you have a long enjoyable time with yours. If you have any questions or need advice please ask as we are always happy to help with advice and tips and dependant on where you are if there is another owner close to you I am sure they would meet you to try and sort out any problems you might have.

Andy
IP Logged
Hoople

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21st, 2016, 11:53pm »

Thanks Andy.

I'm in Exeter in Devon by the way.  I'd very much like to hear from anyone in the west country.  I haven't seen a single Scorpio since I bought mine (or before, for that matter).  Are there reliable figures as to how many are left now?

Cheers

Matt
IP Logged
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 1:05am »

Welcome.
I am sure you will find the site very helpful
Please don't be afraid of asking silly questions-they are much easier to handle and less expensive than silly mistakes !
I know-I have done both and only met with help.
Glyn
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 9:01am »

Welcome Matt.
As Glynn says never be afraid to ask for information or advice. There is masses available on the site and a wealth of knowledge amongst the members.  There are no figures about remaining cars and it is true to say that there are less and less on here compared to a few years ago. Your car must be one of the lowest mileage vehicles if not THE lowest one. Were the previous owners members on here? The tale of the original owner and the very low mileage ring a bell to me?

To get to the Home page click on FORD SCORPIO at the top of the page. There you will see a set of 'buttons'. Have a look at those as they will reveal masses of information.  

Good luck with the car.Smiley
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 9:34am »

If you are getting the prop shaft rubber doughnuts replace be aware that the bolts that connect all the prop shaft together are of different length and are the balance weights for the shaft well worth reading the Ford TIS document on how to change it.  
its HERE
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 10:43am »

Hi Matt, I am in Newquay Cornwall, and have just spent a week in Torquay with the scorp. Very few left now, have a look at  https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ford_scorpio_ultima_16v
Gerald
IP Logged
Glyn

Now an OAP ! 95 cossie and another !and a 12v

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 10:48pm »

My  12v is just coming up to 35k miles. the 24v s have done 166k and 69k. All are 1995/6
Glyn
IP Logged
Hoople

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22nd, 2016, 10:56pm »

Many thanks all for your warm welcomes.  It's pleasing to hear that my car has such a relatively low mileage.  I know from the longest owner that he (says) he covered about 4k a year including high days and holidays and an annual trip to Spain towing a caravan.

I've had the towing bar taken off and would like to sell it so will list on the appropriate part of the forum.  

The low mileage is reflected in the condition of the car.  For example, the over mats inside are in almost new condition with a deep pile remaining.  The leather, carpets, headlining, boot carpet etc. are all great.  All electrics appear to work so far.

As for the prop shaft, I've been told that it was wearing an incorrect BMW part...doughnuts have been mentioned but I only eat them and don't know how they work when attached to a Ford.  A part has since arrived from Germany...I hope I'm in good hands.

I hope to have the car back later this week and am looking forward to getting to know it as only have driven it a few times.

Thanks and best

Matt

IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 24th, 2016, 4:38pm »

Welcome to our happy Scorpio-Family.   You'll get the best support you could ever hope for on any forum right here.   All on here are happy to help, don't be afraid to ask.
Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.