Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 25th, 2021, 7:42am


Balance: £15.80
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Rear brake discs »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Parts Wanted
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Rear brake discs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rear brake discs  (Read 201 times)
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Rear brake discs
« on: Jun 19th, 2021, 4:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I need new read brake discs.
tried and tried  (with no luck).
 
the existing ones are stamped
"95GB
2A315DA
IF2? (the ? looks like a |-)
Min thickness 18mm"
 
I have a few pictures if it will help.
 
Does anyone have any ideas?...I think they are too grooved to be simply skimmed.  
OR does anyone know of anyone in the uk that could, maybe, build them up and then turn/grind them up?
 
They are for my  Ford Cardinal Hearse which is based on a 2.3 petrol Scorpio estate (1997)
 
Thanks in advance
 
John
 
( I managed to get frnt ones really easy.)
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
brds
Full Member
***





   
View Profile Email

Posts: 125
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2021, 9:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is this any good?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234000757026?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AS corpio&epid=19015630012&hash=item367b883122:g:0ScAAOSwo2BglprT
At the bottom, there's a table of applicable vehicles and halfway down, there a line:
FORD SCORPIO Mk II Turnier (GNR, GGR) 2.3 i 16V Estate Petrol 06/1996 08/1998 RWD 16 147 108
IP Logged
Torbayboy
Full Member
***



Scorpio's getting rarer, buy while you can

   
View Profile

Posts: 705
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2021, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had loads of problems rying to get a pair of rears for my 95 cos saloon.  
Best advice measure the diameter and thickness of the fitted ones and go from there, lots of variants and the chart on here is not always correct, sounds pessimistic I know, but its just being honest there are crossovers with other Ford cars that will fit and do the job.
 
 Wink
IP Logged

Cosworth is just Scorpio spelt differently,give or take aletter or two. only 388 cossies left now
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2021, 9:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 19th, 2021, 9:16pm, brds wrote:
Is this any good?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234000757026?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AS corpio&epid=19015630012&hash=item367b883122:g:0ScAAOSwo2BglprT
At the bottom, there's a table of applicable vehicles and halfway down, there a line:
FORD SCORPIO Mk II Turnier (GNR, GGR) 2.3 i 16V      Estate      Petrol      06/1996      08/1998      RWD      16      147      108

 
Annoyingly no ...sigh....  they are showing them to be Just 10mm thick & single.
 
I have even been to a few disc cmpanies and left the sizes but to no avail.......have had 3 or 4 sent to me but have had to return them.....
 
thank you for your time and effort much appreciated
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2021, 9:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 19th, 2021, 9:44pm, Torbayboy wrote:
Had loads of problems rying to get a pair of rears for my 95 cos saloon.  
Best advice measure the diameter and thickness of the fitted ones and go from there, lots of variants and the chart on here is not always correct, sounds pessimistic I know, but its just being honest there are crossovers with other Ford cars that will fit and do the job.
 
 Wink

 
Good advice ! hasn't worked so far though  
 Wink  
 I have even tried some that were  for other manufacturers....If I can get close-ish......I would settle for a slight larger diameter and turn them down....or a smaller/larger centre hub diameter...but the ones that are closest  are single discs and only 10mm thick.
 
Thanks for the input....this has been driving me crazy for a few months....luckily the current ones are "just" badly scored not in a critical state.
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
a900one
Full Member
***



A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 927
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20th, 2021, 12:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i put my number in europarts and I am sure they are the right discs for my cosworth.
Gerald
IP Logged
Torbayboy
Full Member
***



Scorpio's getting rarer, buy while you can

   
View Profile

Posts: 705
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20th, 2021, 4:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  the ones on my facelift 2.3 estate appear to be 260 dia and 18 thick vented, if this is similar to yours (you say its based on a 2.3 estate) try my reg No  R602PJM and see if that comes up with it. The cosworth ones are different and some of the sierra ones will (I thinK) fit and do the job.
 Sooooo many variants drives you round the bend bought a set off fleabay and they fitted Xanders 12v estate not my cos estate, stay with it - it'll be alright in the end IF it's not alright it's not the end
  Grin
  www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334010832376?hash=item4dc498d5f8:g:9I4AAOSwlchgqflN
 
THESE are 18mm thick and vented, locally to me I have had items from this seller & from Exeter not leeds as listed. They seem to have a lot of ford "stuff" (Jeff Bezos word as he can't manage more  than 1 syllable due to weight of his wallet)
IP Logged

Cosworth is just Scorpio spelt differently,give or take aletter or two. only 388 cossies left now
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #7 on: Jun 21st, 2021, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 20th, 2021, 12:38pm, a900one wrote:
i put my number in europarts and I am sure they are the right discs for my cosworth.
Gerald

 
Have had 3 lots from europart so far ....even sending them the dimensions they still just sent wrong ones....
 
But Ta !
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #8 on: Jun 21st, 2021, 10:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 20th, 2021, 4:45pm, Torbayboy wrote:
Hi  the ones on my facelift 2.3 estate appear to be 260 dia and 18 thick vented, if this is similar to yours (you say its based on a 2.3 estate) try my reg No  R602PJM and see if that comes up with it. The cosworth ones are different and some of the sierra ones will (I thinK) fit and do the job.
 Sooooo many variants drives you round the bend bought a set off fleabay and they fitted Xanders 12v estate not my cos estate, stay with it - it'll be alright in the end IF it's not alright it's not the end
  Grin
  www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334010832376?hash=item4dc498d5f8:g:9I4AAOSwlchgqflN
 
THESE are 18mm thick and vented, locally to me I have had items from this seller & from Exeter not leeds as listed. They seem to have a lot of ford "stuff" (Jeff Bezos word as he can't manage more  than 1 syllable due to weight of his wallet)

 
I got alll excited by this approach.... dammit they are 253 dia and mine are 263........
Thanks again Torbayboy...(nice part of Blighty I might add!)
 
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
a900one
Full Member
***



A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

   
View Profile Email

Posts: 927
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #9 on: Jun 21st, 2021, 11:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Could you get bigger ones and skim them down to the size, simple job for someone with a lathe.   I think the cosworth ones are 278 o/d.
IP Logged
gemeg22171
Full Member
***





   
View Profile

Posts: 155
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #10 on: Jun 21st, 2021, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

   
      Have you tried Larkspeed Performance Centre    
     
           0113 2643231
IP Logged
In2
Newbie
*



I'm a YaBB newbie!

   
View Profile

Posts: 16
Re: Rear brake discs
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21st, 2021, 3:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Will give em a go thanks
IP Logged

Old, Broke & tired (shouldn't be allowed out really)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.