Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:06am

Balance: £24.15
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Members' Postings »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   News
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Members' Postings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Members' Postings  (Read 2217 times)
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

Members' Postings
« on: Mar 27th, 2005, 11:49pm »

Folks,

I feel that because of recent events we have to re-emphasis some points that some members seem to have forgotten - that membership of the Forum is by invitation and not a right.

This being so, all posts are subject to alteration or deletion by the Administrators.  If they decide to act they will do so for a reason that, in their best judgment, such a post does not fit well with the ethos of the site or contains a link with which - for any reason - the founders do not wish to associate.

Members are reminded that this site is not a democracy - the Administrators are the judge of what is proper and they alone decide.  If a member disagrees with the decision then they should voice their disagreement by PM or email politely stating their opinion - not by posting criticism in full view of the public - this merely fuels speculation and more criticism and endless debate and this will not be tolerated. There is no debate because there is no appeal from our decision.  

This may seem harsh to some - but it is necessary to prevent the site from degrading into the mess you will see in many other Boards.

The site Founders welcome all shades of opinion and all manner of owners, with all their varied interests and enthusiasms, but we always reserve the right to control what is posted here.  I hope members will accept that because we have worked for years without any pay to build this site and Forum that we have earned this right - and to exercise this without protest from those same members for which we have worked so hard.

I hope that this is the end of the matter.  After a considered review of the facts with Snoopy and Pete C we hope to be able to reinstate members on the understanding that this must not happen again.
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Members' Postings
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28th, 2005, 5:57am »

hi eric

is there some way of making 'i agree to the rules on posting' at the login stage? something like a tick box to agree. that way everybody should remember them! Wink

regards
IP Logged
bobtheyop

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28th, 2005, 10:10am »

hello eric,

have to say i've been disappointed of late at the attitude of certain members,because this is a great site  
and as you say must take a lot of your time and effort,for no financial reward.
keep up the good work,it is appreciated,

cheers,
bob. Cheesy
IP Logged
admin
Administrator

The Big Boss

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28th, 2005, 12:43pm »

thanks Scorpio_man,

below is the current agreement that all members agree to by joining the Forum.

I suggest that all present members read it:

You agree, through your use of this Scorpio forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not humorous and legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this YaBB forum.  

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this YaBB forum. Please remember that we are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this YaBB forum. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We have the rights to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy goes for member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and any related websites to this forum. We at this YaBB forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum.

After you register and log into this YaBB forum, you must fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information or avatars we deem inaccurate or vulgar will be removed.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this YaBB forum or your ISP contacted.  

The Forum Admins have the power to remove or edit any posts and ban members as they deem fit.  

Their decision is final and is not open to discussion on this Forum.  

If you do not agree to these rules then please do not join the Forum.

If you are allready a member and do not agree to these rules then please advise one of the Forum admins who will delete your membership of the Forum.

By joining this Forum you agree to be bound by the above rules and terms and conditions.
IP Logged
kenboy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 11:50am »

Hi Eric At first this may seem harsh but I totally agree, on the point you made about other sites and the eventual dissaray I have been a member of this site for nearly two years and wish to remain so for more years to come and without with out appropriate management it would have been a shambles by now and I know that I can speak for myself and other genuine members that we appreciate the correct attitude that you have.

Many Thanks Kenboy
IP Logged
bertie

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 12:10pm »

I totally agree with Eric R.

I am a member of 2 other car forums and 1 in particular is terrible, full of swearing and idiots. The admin are of equal blame.

This is why this forum is the best around. Loyal members who genuinely want to help each other. Plus this is shown at the meetings such as Derby and Harewood house.

I will and always will abide by these rules as I want to belong to such an excellent forum and great set of chaps and chapettes.

Simon
IP Logged
nick

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 12:59pm »

Eric, Steve and Snoopy, who wants to live in a democracy anyway, it does us no good in the old UK.

Joking apart, maybe its time for people to realise this is not  buisness, this is you guys doing something to help others and creating the forum to benefit all scorpio owners, past , present and future.

There should be no reason anyone should have a problem at all, well put eric, this forum is one of the cleanest most sensible on the net, we know its the best anyway.
If you look around other forums you will see places run so badly so thanks for the hard work guys. You can only please some of the people, etc etc.
Having been here a few years now, it seems we always have bother somewhere down the line, and if you step out of line you get into trouble, i know i have been there myself. The guys who run this forum are fair, straight up and up front when you join, which is why it is trouble free.

I take my hat of guys, you do it for the love, and take all the baggage that goes with it.

If I can ever help just ask, and i think most members would say the  same.

You never know I might but that beer I keep promising at Harewood this year Grin
Nic
IP Logged
David_South_West

24V............ .Goodness

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 11:48am »

I have been a member for about a year...still only junior 'cause only beleive in sensible posts not just any rubbish to build the numbers up.
I have noticed a slight downhill slide of the site lately so I hope the statements by  admin bring some people back into line.This is one of the (if not the) best car site on the web .It has helped me, and no doubt hundreds of others, with their problems .
IP Logged
dart

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 9:15pm »

Let's just be good to each other! Grin
              dart
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 2nd, 2005, 9:44pm »

David,

I can understand your sentiments but some of the meaningless banter is what makes this a nice place to be as well!
IP Logged
nick

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:13pm »

I dont tink the banter has ever been a problem, has it baz, its the other stuff that goes on.

I still think you are wonderfull.Grin

Nic
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:25pm »

Kiss
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 2:27pm »

Baz no kissing!! Oh I'm bantering Roll Eyes
IP Logged
trev66

Ford and chevrolets rule

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 4:25pm »

"Just back from OZ whats been going On"  

I totally agree with Eric  

cheers Trev66 in Luton
IP Logged
Sutton09

1998, 2.9 24v Cosworth Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 30th, 2005, 12:17am »

I agree as a relative newbie to the site that the forum is one of of the best the net has to offer, the members are first class and the help is second to none, long may it continue, as i have said before this site is one of the reasons that owning a scorpio so enjoyable... the sense of community it brings

Thanks again to the wonderful admin team and some of the most knowlegable members there ever could be

James
IP Logged
darren

Email

« Reply #15 on: May 1st, 2005, 3:38pm »

hi ime a new member just bought a 1997 scorpio 20lt ultima can anyone give me infomation about the scorpios stereo equipment as i want to change the system for an mp3 stereo can i still use the cd changer if i make these changes   Smiley
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 1st, 2005, 4:21pm »

Daren, Go to the front page, scroll down to the 'search'panel and enter ICE. There is a wealth of info there and links to some of the changes owners have made. Suggest you put a 'post' on the problems page. Simmo
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
darren

Email

« Reply #17 on: May 1st, 2005, 4:45pm »

thanx for the info simmo will check it out now  Smiley
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: May 7th, 2005, 11:27pm »

I hope i don't mind nobody with my poor english, and lots of questions and problems (i'm a newbie). This is the best site, with the most respectful users yet i ever found.  

Cheers and let's hope to keep up the good work.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
jonno

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: May 21st, 2005, 10:57am »

I agree, as a Porsche owner ,as well as my Scorpio 95 Ultima, I can say that this site is one of the best, maybe the best , for the content and the members. Most of the other forums are full of idiots trying to outdo each other. Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.